Monday, October 26, 2009

Vern's Monday

Poor Vern had a bad Monday.  He got in trouble in school bad enough to warrant a phone call from the teacher.  Seems like he had multiple offenses levied against him today.

To start off Vern and his little buddy were in a teacher's room squat boxing. I had never heard of this until his teacher explained this is when you squat down as the name implies and start boxing each other. I guess this is allowed outside but not in the classroom obviously. Vern had no good reason when I asked him why he did it. I started my be good lecture but I am sure it went in one ear and right out the other one. :-(

Then later on he was in the bathroom and decides to let out a blood curtiling scream.  I guess this echoed quite a way into classrooms and made quite the disruption. This too is frowned upon in school.

He gets home and does not do his homework, is dallying and fighting and mouthing off. Come to find out he stayed up until after 11pm on Sunday night. WTF!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!!? He still got into trouble for being naughty.

I asked him why and he said no one would put him to bed before then and his brother and sister were all ready in bed. I stressed that he needed to start making better choices even if no one would put him to bed he should go by himself as he is old enough. We made a hand sealed with a kiss promise so we shall see if he remembers this.

You knew we were due for a post like this and I'm sure Vern didn't want to disappoint... (rolling my eyes)  Let's see what the rest of the week brings.

1 comment:

  1. You might want to explain something. He was at his dad's Sunday night (the 11:00 night), right? I couldn't imagine you letting him get away with that sort of shenanigan.

    Chalk one up to a tired boy.

    ReplyDelete