Thursday, October 15, 2009

"NOT ME" Strikes Again

John the oldest had choir practice after school today so Vern and Ann came home on the bus alone. After school they are allowed a snack. Today I told them they could have cantelope and I would be there right after I picked up John.

So I get home and all seems good until John stumbles upon and upturned box of lunchmeat on the floor.  What happened here he asks? Ann proceeds to tattle that Vern was feeding the cats lunchmeat along with Vern eating this as his afternoon snack.

When I ask Vern what he was doing feeding the cat people food he gives me his most innocent look with big saucer eyes and says not me Mom!  I tell him to stop lying to me as there is chewed lunchmeat in the container from cats gnawing on pieces. I say you are in trouble and swat his behind. He runs off. NOT 2 minutes later (I am sure he is mad at his sister for ratting him out.) he pushes and scratches his sister badly in the laundry room.  So then mom the enforcer must again take action.

I proceed to wash his mouth with soap. You would have thought he was dying from all the drama!!!!!
So yes tonight was not a fun night but lets hope he shapes up for a day or so.

Sigh....

1 comment: