Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Super Hero!

Vern is like a Super Hero. He swoops in and saves the day when you least expect it. Here is another example.


I got my hair cut this past weekend. I go to work and no one says anything. This is usually a pretty good indication people do not like the haircut. Well I had one person touch it and stick out their lip. I think that also counts as dislike anyway… The kids were at their father’s so they didn’t see me until Monday evening. Vern’s brother and sister see me and IMMEDIATELY make ugly sounds (similar to the sounds made in the vomit post) and proceed to tell me they do not like it. I walk away grumbling.

Later that evening I am tucking Vern in for the night. We are hugging and having our special talk time. He reaches up, touches my hair, gently twirls it around his fingers and says in his sweetest voice. “Mommy, I really do like your haircut.”

I am putty in his hands. He could have asked for that new Nintendo DS and he would have had it! Instead I say that is the nicest thing I have heard about my haircut today. I proceed to cover him with Mommy kisses and tell him he is THE best.

To me at that moment – He was my Super Hero Vern.

1 comment:

  1. Kudo's to Vern! He knows just what a woman needs to hear...

    ReplyDelete