Monday, October 19, 2009

An 8year old view of being a police officer.

Vern had scouts tonight. It is always enjoyable to chat with him after these trips away because you never know just what he is going to say.  He was in rare form to start with as I had him shower before leaving for scouts.  While in the bathroom you can hear loud talking, some singing about a grandma (which he calls himself and I still haven't figured out why grand MA), banging on who knows what and various other grunting and little boy noises I am glad I do not have to view. So I knew I was in store for a story on his arrival home.

Vern got to visit the local police station tonight and learn about the various things a police officer does and what it takes to be a police officer. I asked him after, do you still want to be a police officer when you grow up. Yes he shakes his head OR and FBI agent. Why I ask?  Well mom if you want to become a police officer you have to take test and get tazered otherwise you can't be a cop. They have to know how it feels to be tazered and I don't like that or tests. If I go to college mom will I have to take tests to be a police man?

My answer is of course you must go to college. It will make it much easier to be a police officer or FBI agent if you go to college first. "Ok" he says as he buries himself under the covers and I am sure still wondering about the tazer.

2 comments:

  1. BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!

    "Ooooo! Just a little tickle!!" (Down Periscope, 1996)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    Children are always fascinated by police officers. They have seen police officer's brave acts in movies and want to become a police officer when they grow up. Kids must be given details about police force careers so that they will become future cops.

    ReplyDelete