Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Vern Ramblings

This is going to be one of those rambling posts that may go no where or somewhere. The mom is just in one of those moods...

I've been worried about his nose/sinus. He is still very full of goo even after the round of antibiotics and medicine. He takes Claritin for allergies anyway so its hard to give him any more medicine. I have been giving him cough and cold medicine and using Vic's at night. It seems to help him sleep if nothing else.

We are trying the list thing. That is going so-so. I still feel like I am saying do the list 50 times. If I don't "nag" he just goes off and dwadles. I plan to do some more tweaking of this to see if I can get better results. I'll keep you posted.

He did take the initiative this week to do his reading!!! He wants to attend the reading party and you must read 1 hour each week to earn your way into this party. Since this is the last week of the month he has almost made it and has actually been asking to read. Small but good steps.

We have been reading Diary of a Wimpy Kid book. I enjoy sitting through the torturous session of struggling to read  the words just because the book is so entertaining. This poor kid gets into all sorts of predicaments and its just funny.  Example: Greg is the kid and Rodrick is the older brother. Rodrick was going to give Greg $.50 to tie his shoes standing up. Greg bends over and Rodrick shoots him in the rear with a paint gun. Greg goes to tell his dad about it but dad wants to stay out of it and just tells Rodrick to pay Greg the money. Well Rodrick tosses the $.50 on the ground and Greg goes to pick it up and Rodrick shoots him in the rear again!

Told you it was going to be a rambling post. I'll end until next time.  Give your kids a hug!!!

1 comment: