Sunday, October 18, 2009

Football Saturday

I am sure you anxious to know...

YES! Vern's team won. 14-0 They are still undefeated.  The team they played this week I would call the wickeds. They all had potty mouths. Vern said that one kid dropped the F-Bomb at him and everything.  I find that bad from a YMCA team with 8 year olds on it. Grumble.

Vern also told me he fumbled once because the ball was slippery from all the wet weather we have been having the grass was W-E-T. He brought home some nice and muddy clothes.  I am reporting all this second hand as I was at his sisters volleyball game. Yes her team is finally improving with consistent coaching.

After Vern's game they were off to his first college game. He was very excited. Vern had to tell me about the HUGE hotdogs he got to eat and some chili that was just ok. Hotdogs are one of Vern's favorite things in the world so a giant hotdog was like a bun full of heaven for him.  Unfortunately they lost but Vern still had a great time participating. I only have one picture but will post it anyway.



Vern was exhausted that night and even woke up with some nightmares. Here is hoping for a better night tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment