Thursday, October 8, 2009

Sick.

Poor Vern...

I had a note in his folder tonight that his ear started hurting at 2pm at school. He cried all the way home on the bus (but he told me very quietly so no one could see him).  By the time he got in the house and his sister called me it was full blown Vern crying. I knew it was coming but I had wished it not to come true.

Vern has had a cold for a couple weeks now. It always turns into a sinus and or ear infection after that long. I was hoping this time he would get over it but no such luck. So I left work a bit early, rushed home, told them to grab their homework and back in the car and on the road again.

I stopped by Urgent Care around 5:20 just to "see" if we could at least put our names in line. No such luck; they were locked completely up lights off until promptly 6:00P.M.

So in the meantime I took them to get a quick bite to eat and got back about 10 minutes early to get in line.  Once you have been to Urgent Care a few times you learn the tricks. Being first in line is the BEST advice I can give anyone needing to visit Urgent Care. By 6:05 there were at least 4-5 patients behind us all in various stages of illness.

I told the nurse exactly what the problem was, doc came in looked in ears, felt lymph nodes, wrote a perscription and we were on our way in under 10 minutes. WORLD RECORD for Urgent Care!

Even the perscription pickup went quickly.  So my unexpected evening turned out ok.
Let's hope his ear recovers quickly and not to much pain tonight to wake him up.

2 comments:

  1. Poor guy! I've had ear infections my entire life (last one was 4 weeks ago and I'm friggin' 40!). Hope he gets over it quickly.

    ReplyDelete