Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Random topics

EGADS the mom has not posted for a few days. I have good intentions but it isn't always easy with 3 kids, and their activities.

Vern has been doing well on the bus. He has made 7 school days!!!!!! He really likes his "job" of doing counts of kids. He told me the other day if he has another good week he is getting a "CERTIFICATE"  from Chuck. He is engaged. I am SOOO thankful.

He has been trying to do his homework better. I am trying new tactics on his reading. I talked to the reading teacher last night and she gave me some good hints so that he takes ownership for his reading. I hope I can keep it up.

Here is Vern's report on football practice tonight:

I got to be center. That is an important job dad said.
We had to do those running things. BOY that is tough.
I got to be running back once.
I did some blocking and busted through the line once but the girl kept running away from me.

Sounds like he had a productive practice.

We have had a go around with the school. Vern is alergic to milk and milk products. His dad found out even though I signed papers and have told school since he started kindergarden of this allergy and not to give him milk they still were!!!! I was upset at this and talked to the nurse who promised to clear it up. Vern tells me he has not had milk at school. I sure hope not. I was wondering why his arms were all broken out. Now I know why.

I think that pretty much sums up Vern the past few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment