Saturday, September 5, 2009

Football

“Mommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, when is football practice?”


“7pm at YMCA”

“When do we leave?”

“After dinner.”

“When’s dinner?”

“After I get it made.”

“How long till it’s made?”

“15 minutes.”

“Supper ready yet?”

“DO YOUR CHORES!”

“Mom, when is football practice?”

Fire shot out of my brain and wow guess what dinner was burnt instantaneously.

Fast forward to arriving at YMCA.

Football has been canceled because of the rain. Your packets should be ready later today. Volleyball will still be held.

“MOM, why is there volleyball and not football? Couldn’t they have cancelled volleyball instead? When is practice?”

“Vern, we will find out when I get the packets.”

Approximately 500 more times this same evening…

“Mom, when is football practice?”

“Mom, when is football practice?”

“Mom, when is football practice?”

“Mom, when is football practice?”

“Mom, when is football practice?”

“Mom, when is football practice?”

I finally lose some of my patience and say “VERN, I am NOT hiding anything from YOU! When I know when practice is I promise I will tell you. Now GO TO SLEEP!!!”

2 comments: