Sunday, April 4, 2010

First Communion

Happy Easter to all!  May God's Blessings be given to you.

It was an absolutely beautiful spring day this Easter. It was also the day Vern received his first communion.  Vern and I attended two classes in March to prepare him for today.  He was excited of course to drink the "wine".  The kids got to taste it in one of the classes but today was the real deal with bread and wine and the full meaning.

After he came back to his seat I asked him, so how do you feel? Do you feel like your sins have been forgiven?  He shrugged his shoulders and said "My heart feels warm."

I smiled. Good enough for me (even if it was just the wine). :-)

On a side note, Vern also got to find Easter eggs this morning. Yes the kids are older and this is probably the last year we do it (I haven't decided for sure.) but it is still fun to watch them running around searching for eggs and opening them to count their money.

It makes this ole mom smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment