Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Good things

I sure hope I don't always complain about Vern on this blog. He really is a sweet kid with TONS of imagination and a big heart.

Last night I had to bring work home. I was sitting at the kitchen table working and out comes Vern to watch. He is facinated by the wireless mouse/keyboard. How does what you type get into the computer without wires?  Ever try to explain that in simple terms? It is a challenge.

He was liking watching what I do. He starts in on one story after another and question after question. I'm starting to have a hard time actually working as he is just going on and on and on.

Finally I get an idea. DUH!

So I ask Vern to help me. I have him type in a number on the keyboard and press enter. Then I go make the changes I need to make and save and move onto the next one.

HE
LOVES
IT!

1. He is being productive.
2. He is learning.
3. He is pleasing his mom.
4. He is doing something his siblings have no part in.
5. He is having fun.

He helped me for over 1/2 hour until I finished up right at his bedtime.



WIN - WIN - WIN

No comments:

Post a Comment