Thursday, April 22, 2010

The Garden Guru

There maybe hope yet. One of my children has shown an interest in gardening. I love to garden. It's therepudic, relaxing, a great workout, not to mention the great food you harvest.

Last year Vern was showing some spark in gardening and this year it has really kicked in.  He brought home a cabbage plant from school. He said he was going to grow the BIGGEST cabbage ever and win $1000.

Tonight he ran to check on his cabbage.
D
E
A
D
as can be. He is holding it and comes running out to me crying so hard that his cabbage is dead. I told him he could pick out a few things and plant and help me tend the garden.

That helped some. He wants to do sunflowers and cantelope.  I planted my beets tonight and he was right there helping. He even took the hoe and did some weeding. He was excited about it all. It made DA MOM smile.

Here is to a growing garden.

2 comments: