Thursday, April 8, 2010

WHO ARE YOU?

Vern has recaptured my heart of late. I don't know what he is trying to do to me but I am completely head over heels with him lately.

Of course maybe its just my cycle... 

So last night he comes home and seems upset. He storms off to take his shower. After when I am tucking him into bed he gives me the LOOK.  It was a sad, sad look and it broke my heart!  I immediately melt into him asking what is wrong? He then clams up and gets embarassed. I convince him it is ok but still nothing. So we say prayers and I try one more time as I am showering him with kisses and loves.

He breaks down and dishes. I reassure him that I understand and he can come to me with any fears he has. I try to reassure him and give him more kisses and hugs. We say an extra prayer.

Then this morning a new kid arises. I make his breakfast and go continue to get ready for work. When I come back out to check on him (fully prepared to nag to do his chores, brush his teeth, etc.) I am shocked!!!  He is sitting at the kitchen table doing homework. Where is Vern I am thinking? Who is this kid?  I manage to stammer... "What are you doing?"

"Homework. Dad didn't have any colors at his house last night."

"Is your agenda signed?"
"Yes, dad signed it but not my reading."

"Ok" I say still in shock.  "Did you do reading?"

"Um - No"

"That's ok."

I go deal with the other two kids and low and behold here comes Vern to find me with his spelling words.

STILL
IN
SHOCK

The child has NEVER done this before.

Maybe it is a fluke. I will take it.  Love and warm fuzzies continue....

No comments:

Post a Comment