Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Vern versus da Mom

Ok so I promised Vern I would play his Madden 2010 video game with him tonight IF he had his chores done. Finally around 7pm he was finished and off we went to play.

Well this mom hasn't been into a video game since Ms. Pacman in the 80's so I knew it wouldn't be good. I told him to be gentle with me as I didn't know what I was doing.

He got me a chair to sit on (like I was 90 and needed one - frowns). We would start out with a 5 man easy game.  We each picked our favorite teams and set off playing.

To give him credit Vern DID try to tell me how to throw. It's just that he must have forgotten a tiny step as he sacked me every time! I was pushing buttons and throwing the controller all around my body along with the nunchuck or whatever that damn thing is called... N-O-T-H-I-N-G! Ball  still in the QB's hand and me on the ground or so it felt.

Vern giggled and laughed.  I didn't find it Quite so amusing. Finally, I think the Wii felt sorry for me. I some how got the ball in one of the runners hands and scored!  You should have seen me. You would have thought I was in the Super Bowl with all the jumping around and hooting I was doing.

I soon tired of the beating. Vern even let me get down the field as he was tired of sacking me every play. The short torturous game ended 5-3 for Vern's team. Enough of that crap... I'd rather scrub toilets or fold socks.  Well at least until the next time he bats his long eye lashes at me and says MOM will you play football with me.

1 comment:

  1. OMG! Thank you for the laugh... Play guitar hero sometime - or better yet, watch me play it. I'm completely uncoordinated.

    ReplyDelete