Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Shots of Questions

So tonight was the night I had designated for all the kids to get their H1N1 shots. I had planned to go to one of the high schools in the area that was having a clinic but found out since it was in a different county I, or should I say the kids, did not qualify. Instead I had to call our county and find out how to get them shots.  Ends up I have to go to a clinic at our local hospital. The kids were COMPLETLY against it. Why mom? (Said over and over in their most whineyyyyyyy voices) So for punishment I decided to give them the flu mist at the same time. (Insert evil mom laughing) Trust me it was no punishment....

That isn't even the worst part. We had waiting and a novel's worth of paperwork to fill out. Then to cope with the other things(aka people if thats what you call them) that kept coming out of the cracks to invade the clinic. One lady marched right up behind me DEMANDING to have blood work done IMMEDIATELY! What kind of place was this anyhow? The nurse kindly asked her who ordered the bloodwork and she said NO ONE but she wanted it done and was not discussing it in the lobby. It just went down from there with others incredulous because they had to wait an hour in a clinic. I think I will stop now. Need to flush those thoughts.

After an hour or so the kids get their shots and mists and did really well and said oh that wasn't so bad and we walk out of the clinic. THAT is when Vern starts...

Mom, did they shoot the Swine Flu in me?

Will I die now?

Why did they put that in me?

Will my arm fall off?

Why did I have to get the shot?

Mom, can I ask a question?

Mom are we going home?

Mom can I pick out a different book?

How long did I read?

Mom will a worm eat you?

Will a worm eat me?

Will a worm eat this cake?

Mom will a worm eat through the wall?

ENOUGH OF THE QUESTIONS ALL READY!!!!! (said the exasparated mother - me)

Mom, can I ask just one more?

NO!

Well Mom I guess you don't love me.

Of course I love you, I am just tired of the interrogation tonight.

HA HA HA Mom, that is the one more question I was going to ask you.

He gets up and runs to his room to be tucked in for the night.

1 comment: