Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Breakfast

Vern has FINALLY been getting out of bed in the morning. How you may ask?

We moved his alarm clock across his bedroom. (Insert mom doing a little dance hoping this continues to work.)

Sorry that was just a little sidebar to the actual story of Vern coming out for breakfast.  First he sees me and needs "lovey dovey". That is our morning term for hugs and snuggles. I'm a sucker for this and always comply when someone asks for "lovey dovey".  After our time he walks to the the kitchen and just stands and stares. Not at anything in particular. He just stands there looking like he doesn't quite know where he is. Now if he was an adult I would immediately hand him a cup of coffee so he would wake up but since he is a child I try to wake him up by talking to him.

Oh no another sidebar coming...
I have a hard time with Vern having such troubles waking up because I am a morning person. Vern's brother and sister also tend towards being morning people.  Bing the alarm goes off and I need maybe 2 beeps before I can reach the clock and shut it off. Then I get out of bed and start my day. It is a wonderful time. The day is new and fresh and I am ready for anything thrown my way. I am usually always happy and want to share my happiness with those around me.

I say "Vern, what do you want for breakfast?"

Vern focuses somewhat near me and replies, "I don't know."

I say, "How about you get a muffin or a breakfast sausage out of the freezer?"

Vern turns toward the refrigerator and tugs on the freezer door.

Nothing.

He tugs again, harder.

Still nothing.

He tries a third time.

Again, nothing. Not so much as a slight shutter of the freezer door. Vern turns and walks away dejected from the freezer that has beaten him so early in the morning.

I say "Where is that strong football player?"
Vern just scowls at me as hubby opens the freezer door and Vern retrieves his breakfast.

I walked away and made it to my bedroom before I started giggling, knowing I had to blog about this one.

I know. I know. This blog looks like I have ADD today - Sorry, and NO Vern did not write it. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment