Friday, January 20, 2012

A day out

Every year the kids get a winter break for the holidays, usually around 10 days between Christmas and New Years. This year I had the late part of the holiday.  I take time off to be with them and try to do something fun for a day or so.

This year we took a Wednesday and headed to the zoo.  I love the zoo in the winter. NO CROWDS.  The weather cooperated and we were able to see a few buildings of animals, snakes, and bugs. (I always love the butterflies.)  In addition to the animals, we decided to take advantage of our membership and attend an IMAX movie while there. It was great. It had been years since I had been to an Imax. This particular movie was on caves and very interesting.

I had a blast for the day. How many moms can get their 2 teens + 1 almost teen to spend a day at the zoo with their boring old out of touch Mom??? I know the days of having the 3 of them together for impromptu times like this is winding down. I am trying to take full advantage of it!!!

After the zoo outing we were all starving. Good thing they put up a new Jimmy John's very near the zoo. We had a nice lunch there.  All in all it was a great day and I don't know about them but DA MOM loved it a lot. One of her few enjoyable days off.

Just a random photo of Vern in his new Superman hat he loves. (Thanks Aunt Wendy.)

No comments:

Post a Comment