Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Paper Potatoes

Tonight I was helping Vern clean off the dinner dishes and as I was wiping down the table I wondered to myself what the heck post I was going to write this week on Vern. I was trying very hard to come up with something funny he did and WA LA! Vern hands me this post on a silver platter.

Vern:  "What were those potatoes tonight mom? Were they fake?"

Me: "Yes, they were instant potatoes."

Vern: "Please please PLEASEEEEEEEEE never make them again Mom."

Me: "Why?"

Vern: "Because they tasted horrible!  Mom, they tasted like P-A-P-E-R!"

Me: (thinking to myself - yes they were pretty bad)

Vern: "Those are the kind of potatoes they serve in prison. I saw it on a TV show."

Me: "Like green jello?"

Vern: "Mom, what are you talking about?"

Me: "Oh I was told they serve green jello in jail and it tastes horrible."

Vern: Looking at me in a funny way.  "Just serve the yellow ones next time please and not these paper potatoes."

He is right, those potatoes I made tonight will not be served again unless we are starving!

No comments:

Post a Comment