Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Nearly Perfect Evening

Once again Vern comes through with a stupendous blog post for me.

I get home from work last night and he gives me a GIANT hug. He has the table set and has started his homework. As I am taking care of the animals, Vern follows me around and tells me about his day. All without prompting.

Vern then leaves me to cook dinner and comes when called with his hands washed.  We have a pleasant family dinner.

After dinner we work on his homework. He has a LOT.

We need a break from homework so Vern joins me to work out. I am on the treadmill and he is on the eliptical machine. We both have our ipods and are singing at the top of our lungs "Don't Stop Believing" (see prior post). We chase everyone else from the basement with our singing and antics - insert big cheesy smile.

After our workout we talk a bit more and go play a quick game of UNO with Ann and SuperMan.  Following this is our good night ritual and off to sleepy land for Vern.

Now you maybe scratching your head going what is so special about all that? This is precisely what IS so special about it. A calm relaxing time with one of your children. The exact thing that makes memories and why kids are THE BEST! It also helps erase all the not so fun times of having kids.

I love being a mom.

Hey I just had a thought - is he bucking for good presents from Santa or what????

No comments:

Post a Comment