Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Progress Report

Vern brought his progress report home the other day. He has solid B's and one C.  That is GREAT!!!

We are not having the roller coaster grades and can tell he is trying. Most times he loves to be lazy but if you get him to focus he does great. I believe he could be a straight A student if he just decided school was worthwhile.  The medications he is taking seems to be making a big difference. Not to mention the light is back in his beautiful blue eyes.

I don't think anyone has discovered the secret to get kids excited and thinking school is worthwhile. Some take to it naturally while others would rather be doing anything BUT school.

I have been reading Alex Rider books to Vern this fall. He loves them. They are books about a 15 year old boy who is like a 007 James Bond character. Last night we read about river rats climbing on this kid. I could barely get though it but Vern loved it. His eyes were as big as saucers!  THAT is the kind of engagement I want him to have for all his subjects in school.

I will keep working on that. I also need to keep better attention of Vern. I have been slacking off not making mental notes of the funny things he does each day to record in this blog. BAD MOMMY...  Yes, I have been working on other blogs. You can always go read those if you are bored with these. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment