Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The first practice

Vern had his first football practice. I am late in typing this as the mosquitoes carried me to the Canadian border or somewhere but I have made it home to report in.

On the way to practice Vern kept telling me "Drive faster mom!" He wanted to be early. We were plenty early but that didn't matter. He was THAT excited.  Here are a few photos from the day.



Overheard from coaches "Wow, that kid can punt."



Weigh in.  He was one of the bigger kids thus he is a lineman. He is ok with this. Vern also told me the coaches said he was pretty fast for a striker (lineman).  He was happy to hear that.




After practice I asked him how it went. He said "Great mom. I listened and focused the entire time coach was talking."

To which I said, "Well just think if you did that in school there wouldn't be any problems."

"But mommmmm, school is so boring. Football is exciting."

What could I say but, "Let's try to focus on school so that you can play football. You know the rules."

"Yes mom, do your homework."

We had to stop on the way home to see a Mom with her two baby deer.  When we backed up the mom and one baby ran into trees but we got a photo of this one.



It was a good first day of practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment