Monday, September 9, 2013

Farm Camp

Rain
Rain
Rain - that was Vern's chief complaint while down at Farm Camp. What is farm camp? Well it was a week visit to my sister in southern Missouri. She has a farm and lots of animals and well it was something Vern just needed with all the drama at home. He needed time away from the older brother and sister that constantly pick on him and tease him. He needed time away from parents nagging him. He needed time to be a boy. That is what he got on his week away.


First he got to shoot a gun. He passed all his hunter safety classes earlier this summer so was allowed to handle a gun.


He also got to milk goats, or as they say down south (Please don't anyone be offended I am just repeating what was told to me...) play with Amish titties. Vern said he had the bucket almost full when the goat kicked the bucket and he had to start all over. Of course the numerous kittens really enjoyed the spilt milk. :-)

Then there was as Vern put it - Gas bag Uncle Scott. HEE HEEEE I think those two had noxious emissions wars with each other with no one a winner!

Vern got to help with all the animals - dog, rabbits, goats, chickens, and cows. He had a blast!

My sister did share a typical Vern story with me. They stopped by the local Goodwill store.  In less than 5 minutes Vern tummy starts to hurt. Then it is I have to go to bathroom...on and on. You get the picture. So my sister gives up and leaves the store. It wasn't but a couple minutes later in car Vern pipes up, "Oh I feel better now!" Vern is NOT a shopper. LOL


Here is Vern getting ready to drive the go-carts.


And playing putt-putt golf.

This final shot is of Vern and my sister (ya she is crazy as I am!) on the trip home. Love them both!!!!

 Thanks SIS for showing Vern a great time on the farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment