Wednesday, July 4, 2012

We are back!

We almost melted while we were gone. I seriously thought we would all be a pool of melted gee by the time we were two days into the vacation.  The high temp on Monday or Tuesday (I can't remember) was 115 degrees!  To top it all off the only air conditioning we had was when we drove somewhere in the car. Not fun for pansies like us :-)

Anyway, I thought I would post some photos and give you a flavor for our laid back wild west week.

Here are the stair steppers. They are so grown up and special to me :-)

Signs like this were all over. We even went on a raft ride and were warned about them swimming in the creek by us!

Here is Vern in jail.

Vern is concentrating hard on painting his roadrunner. I thought it turned out well but Vern was not happy with the glaze. He wanted it shinier.

Yep, entire trip was in the middle of no where. Luckily our tire didn't go flat on this road!

Vern thought it would be cool to ride Superman's large bicycle. Yes he ended up racking himself...

Here is Vern and John riding up the buttes. John's horse was lazy and wanted to keep stopping the entire trip. Going up those buttes was something else. The poor horses were puffing and snorting up a storm and their hooves were slipping on the rocks. I just let my horse do his thing as he knew much better than I how to navigate the terrain.

Here is one of Vern's artistic shots. It is of an ant on a rock. It was so hot I don't know how that ant didn't immediate cook himself on the rock.

Vern being silly. Yes he is going for the cow's privates!

A serious pose but I liked it so wanted to include it.

Here is Vern with me. See how a Packer fan and a Vi queen fan can get along.

This photo has an interesting story behind it. As we pull up this is pretty far away. Everyone is looking and trying to figure out what kind of bird this is. Well Vern says it's an eagle and the rest of us say it is a turkey vulture. Vern goes ahead and snaps a couple shots. We get home and zoom the photo in to see what it is. Vern was correct. It was a young eagle just starting to get his white head.  I was surprised to see an eagle out in the middle of nowhere with no large rivers around.

We had a great time even if it was hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment