Thursday, July 19, 2012

Serious car crashes

I am a mom and I worry. No big surprise if your a mother. It is like breathing or eating - you just do it. Now, I don't know if this is the norm or not but Vern has been in 2 very serious car crashes in his lifetime and he is only 11!

The first car crash was with me and the family. We were celebrating Ann's 9th birthday and as we were leaving the establishment (very cold February night) we were rear ended by a very drunk driver.  The minivan I was driving was totalled.

About a month ago, Vern was in a second crash. This was a side impact crash at only around 30mph or less yet it was bad enough to send some of the people to the hospital and totalled the car Vern was riding in.
On the positive side he has walked away from both these crashes with only neck/back injuries.  I worry because how many more crashes will he be involved in during his life and will one of them seriously hurt him or even kill him?

I know, I shouldn't worry about things I can't control but I am a mom and you find me a mom that doesn't worry about crazy things like this and I'll bet she is not a very involved or caring mother.

I guess the only thing I can do is pray every day and hope Vern makes good choices in driving and vehicles as he gets older.


The Worry Wort Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment