Monday, February 13, 2012

Politics

Grandma and Grandpa B. came down to celebrate Ann's birthday.  While we are sitting there chatting, I am filling out paperwork for this and that.  One of the forms I am completing is the voter registration for myself (name change) and John (first time voting).

I am addressing the envelope and Grandma (my mom) asks me what I am registered as - Democrat or Republican. I promptly answer independent. I vote the issues not with a political party. I barely get that out of my mouth when Vern chimes in, I'M REPUBLICAN! Proud as can be.

My mom proceeds to make some gurggly noises and says OH MY GOD why would you EVER be Republican?

Deadpan Vern replies - Obama.

I look intently at the envelope as my mom tries to recover by saying "Well one man didn't do all that."

Sorry mom, Vern got you on that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment