Monday, October 17, 2011

Game 7 - end of the line

It was the last official game of the year. I didn't have a lot of high hopes of Vern's team winning. He told me the other team was undefeated and GOOD.

Well if nothing else we could get some good photos!  Here is a good shot of #55 - Vern.

Here is another great shot of him blocking two players!  Awesome, or maybe that is just DA MOM being proud.
The opposing team scored a couple touchdowns so we knew Vern was going to be right and this would not be a close game. Here the camera man was bored with the game so he looked up and saw this HUGE bird circling the field. I don't know if the bird was looking for down players or what? :-)

Vern is coming off the field here. I think he might have needed a band aid or something.

More non-football related photos. I really do like this picture of the flag though.
PIG PILE!!!!!!!!!
Vern on top.

I just had to include this photo. This little guy somehow managed to get the ball and run for a touchdown. I have no idea how he did it but it made me cry. He was THE HAPPIEST KID EVER. He was jumping around like he just won the lottery. I was so proud of him.  The other boys jumped around with him and gave him hugs. It was just fabulous excitement and sportsmanship. That right there is what the game is all about.

Finally we have the depressing final.  It almost hurts to look at the score.

Only one more post on football to go - the "Friendship Bowl".

Until then,
DA MOM

No comments:

Post a Comment