Tuesday, April 12, 2011

This n That

Well, I am sorry to say things have not really improved with Vern. Last week was tough and by Thursday we had a longggggggggggggggggggg sit down talk. He told us all his troubles at home and at school. We talked about solutions and ways to deal with his problems.  We hoped that would help.

All weekend Vern was with his dad, I didn't hear much from Vern. I called him Saturday to ask about a DS game and he told me about the burn permit his dad got and how they put gas on the brush pile and how it burned out way to quick so the next time they put gas & oil on the brush pile so it would burn longer... Is this allowed?????

Anyway all seemed ok until Sunday night at 9pm. I get a phone call from Vern.

"Mom, I got an after school and I have to do it tomorrow."

"WHAT?!?!?!?! You didn't tell me until 9 p.m. on Sunday night? I have to work tomorrow Vern. I need time to figure things out. You are in BIG trouble."

"I know mom, I am sorry. I was not paying attention."

"How long have you known about this?"

"Well I got it on Friday."
"And you just told me now?"

"Well you were out of town and..."

"I'll call the school tomorrow and we will have a talk when you get home."

"Yes mom."

So I called the teacher, explained the situation, and got things worked out.  Vern got a lecture and some re-emphasis on his responsibilites.  If he can uphold these responsiblities he gets a DS game he has wanted for a long time. We shall see. I hope he does well.

Today was dentist day. I take all 3 kids to the office at the same time. It is quite the production. Luckily it is a good sized office so there are enough hygentist to take care of the kids at nearly the same time. They all got x-rays and cleanings and inspections. I am happy to report only 1 cavity out of the 3 mouths! Vern did well. He needs to try brushing longer and the hygentist suggested having music in the bathroom and he brushes to an entire song. Vern said he liked that idea so we will need to do set up of that.

Tonight I went outside to plant garden while leaving Vern in the house to do his "jobs". He did an ok job with only a couple of redo's needed. Only 38 more days to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment