Saturday, March 19, 2011

Grandma and Grandpa time

We all had to go out of town for a couple day trips and kids were not allowed on these. Since Vern was not in school he got to spend some time with Grandma and Grandpa.  Unfortunately, he does not get to spend tons of time with them so this was a great opportunity to spend some quality alone time with them. 

We dropped him off last evening. He had his bag all packed and was ready to go.  We get there and Grandma tells him to show me where he will be sleeping. So off we go to see his bedroom. We check it out and head back out. As we get to the living room he says casually, "Ok, bye mom." He proceeds to flop himself on the couch and pretend I am gone all ready!

Well I am having none of that so I at least get a kiss before I leave.  That is pretty much an indication he is happy to be there and I have been dismissed.

Fast forward to pickup.

I don't get much out of him. Again not surprising for Vern.  Here is his rendition.

"I got to stay up until after the news was over.

I slept in but no idea to what time.

I couldn't help Grandma with the flowers because it was too cold and windy. We watched Avitar instead."

A couple of other things I gathered from other sources. He played a mean game of Uno and beat his Grandpa.  He got his haircut and it went ok. His dad stopped in to visit him last night for a little bit.

I think everyone had a good time!

THANKS Grandma/Grandpa for some quality Vern time!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment