Monday, March 21, 2011

1974 or 1984?

Vern had a trip to the eye doctor today.

He just had to try on glasses while he was waiting. IF Vern needed glasses he demanded that he get these:


Shortly after trying on said glasses he fell over a bucket and got angry that the bucket was there instead of a chair. Hmmm maybe those glasses don't help him see the best.  These glasses were gold wire rimmed jobs with clip on sunglasses straight out of the past.  He seriously wanted to get them.

Next was his appointment. He wanted me to come in with him but I was only able to come in for part of the appointment as I was helping his sister put in new contacts.  While I was in with Vern at his appointment the doc was telling him all about how he had good eyes and he should take good care of them, etc...  Next doc goes on to ask Vern "So has your mom ever had Dry Eye Malformation?" (or some very techinical term I did not catch as I was trying to figure out what it was and if I had ever had it.)  Vern replies in complete dead-pan seriousness "OH NO! My mom would NEVER have had that."

You would have thought he was swearing to the Pope himself!  I burst out laughing and Vern just gives us that killer smile we all know so well.

Turns out Vern's eyes are are great. No glasses today. WHEW!

No comments:

Post a Comment