Thursday, January 27, 2011

RING RING

You have to know that a post I start out that way will only be a good Vern story.

Yep it was the bus barn calling.

*Ring* *Ring*

or more appropriately since I was at my work and my cell phone is set to never ring at work...

*BUZZZZZ*  *BUZZZZZZ*

I look at caller id.  Hmmm I think, I don't know this number but I recognize its from where the kids go to school so I'd better answer.

"Hello."

"Hi, this is Valorie from the bus barn."

Deep sigh from within me.

"I just need to know what to do with Vern.  He got on the wrong bus tonight and I can't reach his dad."

It was Wednesday thus a dad night.

"Well can you take him back to school where his big brother is at musical practice and I will try to reach his dad?"

"Yes, we can do that."

"Thanks."

I am thinking how can he be on the wrong bus..oh wait it is Vern we are talking about. I'm sure he forgot.

I proceed to make a multitude of phone calls trying to reach his dad, the high school, his sister,etc...

Vern is safe.

When he gets home later that night I ask him what happened.

"MOMMMM, they wouldn't let me off the bus!  I told them I had to get on the other bus (they hadn't left school yet) and the bus driver wouldn't let me!"

Concerned look on my face as he continues.

"But guess what?"

"What?"

"The bus driver had a DS lite and she let me play Fossil hunters. It was the best. Can I have that for my birthday?" (It is January and Vern's birthday is in November.)

"Sure honey."

Just another fun day at our household!

No comments:

Post a Comment