Sunday, January 23, 2011

I'd do about anything for them.


Well I am DA MOM and DA MOM's are so crazy in love with their kids they will do just about anything for them.  Today was one such day.  How many reasons did I need to NOT go outside?  Let's see...
1. I have not been home in over a week and wanted to stay home.
2. It was maybe 2 degrees without the feels like temp of -100 or so I thought.
3. The GREEN BAY PACKERS were playing in the NFC championship game. (They won - WOOT WOOT.)

None of that matters. I had to go do something "fun" with the kids. They were needing some mom time. So we went tubing with them!  It was at a local state park. (By local I mean we had to drive 50 miles...) 
We packed up layers and layers of clothing, hot chocolate, the sleds, and headed out.

We really had a great time. There were not 1000's of people there, probably because of the things I listed above, so we got to go down as many times as we wanted!  What a workout walking back up those hills. GEEZE.  Vern and I went down once together. Only once as the snow was flying up in our faces so bad poor Vern had a snowball head by the time we got to the bottom. He told me NO MORE MOM!  I told him it was the weight that had us going to fast :-)  It could be an entire other blog writing about Superman and me going down the hill on one of those little blue sleds. Needless to say I was cackling like a hen the entire trip down...

Here are a few photos from after.

Vern, DA MOM, Superman
(Notice Vern's bright red cheeks!)

Vern, me, Ann
Ann went to the car early as her feet froze.

Yeah!!!! We wore him out!
The cheeks are STILL red.

1 comment: