Friday, March 19, 2010

Quality time

Most of the time I am glad I work and contribute and take care of myself and the kids.  Last night I had one twinge of guilt. The guilt come from not getting to spend MORE quality time with the kids.  I mean we are always rushing here and there and doing this and that. Sometimes I just want to be with them. Do what they want. Just "be".

Last night I was blessed to get to spend some quality time with two of the kids.  It was our first really nice spring day here in the blustery midwest. Vern had gotten most of his jobs done and asked me to play with him. I of course had a zillion things I should have been doing but I told him to work on some homework while I loaded the dishwasher.

After that was done I told him to get his football and we would play catch.  It was SOOOO fun. He made fun of me for throwing like a girl (poor ball was wobbly and pathetic) but the smile on his face was worth it to me.  We also incorporated multiplication rules into the game: you can't toss me the ball until i get the correct answer to 8*7.  It was amazing and it worked!  By the end of catch he had them down.  The game had to end when he was catching one of my wobbly balls and it hit his sore finger. The tears flowed and he rolled around on the ground like he was dying. I played TV announcer and told the crowd he was fine but going for xrays on his finger. I don't know if that helped with the pain or not. Poor guy. Within 5 minutes he was back to normal.

Life is good. You just have to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment