Monday, February 15, 2010

A tough weekend...

Poor Vern had a tough weekend. He has been having a difficult time again. He is having trouble listening and following directions.  No type of punishment seems to work. Rewards do not seem to work. It is frustrating for both him and me.

After his constant begging, backtalk, ignoring and general non-compliance I was at the breaking point.  We were coming back from piano lessons and it started again. I warned him over 3 times with no luck...

So I pulled off to the side of the road.
Hauled his little butt out of the car.
His eyes were the size of saucers as we proceeded to the nearest snowbank.
I bent him over and shoved the top of his head in the snowbank. (No hat)
The crying commenced as he high-tailed it back to the car.
He FLEW into the backseat and slammed the door.

I told him any more of that behavior and worse would follow.

Funny - he shaped up after that.

1 comment: