Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Perfect for a 9yr old boy - Gross for the rest of us...

Vern rarely talks to me on the phone. The other two will chatter away but Vern will only begrudingly talk if I force him to. Then it will consist of only short quick answers followed by a bye mom - click before anything else.

Yesterday something was up. He asked to talk to me when he got home from school. I was stunned. It went something like this.

"Hi Vern, how was your day?"
"Fine. Mom guess what? I had diahrea at school. I mean it was a lot and it EXPLODED out my butt." He went on with some more details I will leave out as you get the jist of his excitement and how absolutely awesome this was for him.
"How are you feeling now?"
"Oh, Ok I guess. Can I still go to wrestling?"
"Yes as long as no more bathroom trips."
"Great, hey mom can I stay home from school tomorrow?"
"Let's see how you feel first ok?"
"Ok, bye mom." Click...

I slowly remove the phone from my ear and stare at it in disbelieve. That's my Vern.

No comments:

Post a Comment