Thursday, January 7, 2010

Snow days wearing thin...

So winter break was supposed to be over Tuesday. Mother nature had other plans for the kids. She thought they needed more time off. OH WAIT, the school administrators decided the kids needed more time off because parents can't be parents and make their kids dress weather appropriately and send them to school. When did school staff have to be more of a parent than the parents????

Ok, I'm sorry I was on my soap box about how parents somehow are unable to be parents and make their kids do basic things. (I have a 15 year old so I know how tough teenagers can be. So if he doesn't have the hat and gloves on at least they are in his pocket for an accident.)  Geeze I can't seem to get off my soap box tonight.  Maybe I am ready for the kids to get back to school as it is wearing on me also.

So the kids have used up all their snow days and will now be going longer in the spring.  The weather has been horrible and I do agree they should call off school when the wind temp is -30 but some of their weather days I do not agree with.

The kids have been doing really well considering they have been stuck at home for days. I decided to take them for pizza tonight. Fiasco...FIGHTING about where to eat, FIGHTING about where to sit in car, FIGHTING about what to order...Some days I wonder why I even try.

They have one more day tomorrow. Let's hope they finish out the week on a good note.

1 comment: