Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Mom's night at wrestling

Boy was DA MOM out of her comfort zone at wrestling the other night.  Luckilly Vern knew where he was going or I never would have found it. Then I walk into the area...

Full of smelly little boys and men all too full of testosterone. No WONDER Vern fits in so well.  The kids are all wild and the men are all ugh - ugh with their chests puffed out and tight tshirts on.  Now granted they were in all great shape but they looked military and very intimidating.

So I cowered along one wall trying not to stick out like a sore thumb. The kids start their warm ups and even those are different than any other sport I have seen. The kids are doing very different stretches and up on their heads. I am lost!

After the kids get into groups and start learning what would it be...moves? One of the coaches starts talking about meets and other things I can barely hear as it is loud and I am away from some of the other parents.  He then starts talking about a singlet. HU???? I am thinking. What on earth could that be some sort of helmet?  He asks if I need one. I give him the dumb new comer look and confess I have NO idea what he is speaking of. He does some funny motions over his body and it finally clicks. It is the funny little suit that wrestlers wear in meets!!!! No I say. I didn't know if Vern was participating in those yet. So maybe later I will get one if Vern starts begging to participate in meets. I don't know how or if that will ever work as most are on Sundays and we are in church then. Guess we shall see.

Anyway Vern has a great practice and I even managed to get a couple photos with my phone.  One kid was scared of Vern and one actually wrestled with him.


Vern is on top.


Don't look on floor. Look at kids standing and grabbing on each other. Vern is in blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment