Monday, May 27, 2013

Always a Comedian

The other day Vern had to go to the doctors. It was time to get ready for summer and next school year with physicals and shots.

We get called back. Vern is now 5 foot tall!!!! This is a big deal as he does not want to be short. Unfortunately he takes after my side of the family and the men are not very tall...

Next we go into the room. Vern asks the nurse if the shots will hurt. She tells him he will feel a prick. He then asks her, "Will doc do the cough thing?"  The nurse and I both reply we do not think so.

Doc comes in. Verifies Vern is indeed healthy then asks me to step out. I step out and both myself and the nurse feel bad - we told Vern a fib. We had no idea doc was going to perform THAT exam but Vern lived.  :-)

Next it is time for the shots. The nurse comes in with her syringes and Band-Aids. Then she realizes she forgot something. Out of the room she goes and I muse out loud, I wonder what she forgot. Looking up at me Vern says with a straight face "Morphine". I burst out laughing. The nurse comes back in and I tell her what Vern said. She laughs louder than I did.

Vern just sits there smiling as I tell him he is a great comedian with the most creative brain ever. 

He did great with his shots. Vern was my hero that day. <3 boy="" p="" that="">

No comments:

Post a Comment