Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Gagging in the morning, gagging in the evening, gagging at supper-time

The post name is a knock-off of the old old song Sugartime - 1958 . It popped into my head after experiencing the Vern story below.


Last night I was working late so the family was on their own for dinner. By on their own I mean they had to basically reheat dinner. Anyway after dinner was Vern's turn for dishes clean-up. He did a small amount of clean-up and then he and Superman came back to town to fetch me and get Vern a haircut.

When we got home I was in quite a bit of pain with a sore back so I had to lie down with some ice packs. After I came upstairs and the dishes were still not finished. I asked Vern to please finish the dishes. He whined and complained and said, "Oh, I will do it in the morning mom." I didn't put up a fight because I was feeling so bad.

Move forward to this morning, and I go tell Vern to remember he has dishes this morning. "Yes mom."  Only a couple more reminders and he puts on my purple gloves and started to load the dishwasher.

All of a sudden I hear this gagging, retching, throwing up sound. I look over and Vern has moved away from the sink acting like he is going to vomit at any minute.

"What's the matter Vern?" I inquire, knowing full well what was going on. The STUFF in the sink fermented overnight.

"This stuff stinks! OMG it is terrible." Vern says as he runs across the kitchen, takes a big gulp of fresh air and runs back to stick in a couple more dishes before running back for another fresh air break.

I am chuckling now. I sure hope Vern learned his life lesson on this one. Sometimes procrastination is not in the best interest of anyone.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment