Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Spring Break

Vern has been on spring break for a week! Do they REALLY need a week off? He is in 6th grade and not hitting any beaches soon...Anyway....

He is ready to get back to school even if he say he doesn't.  I'm tired of the lump on my couch. I am tired of battling - do your reading, stop playing the ipod, no more MineCraft, go get on the treadmill. DO SOMETHING!!!!

Click - TV on.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

This morning Vern's alarm went off. Up he jumps. Drawers bang. Out he bounds to the kitchen.

He puts on his best pitiful voice when he sees me.

"Mommmmmm, I barely got 6 hours sleep last night." Sad puppy dog eyes follow.

"What happened?" I am a sucker for sad puppy dog eyes.

"I couldn't sleep."

I give him a big hug and start my get off the couch lecture.  I shouldn't have done the lecture but I am a mom and sometimes it is a requirement...

"I'm sure you will sleep better tonight after a long day at school and confirmation tonight."

"Ya, Love ya mom. Have a good day!"

I love you too Vern!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment