Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Game 4 - 2012

****I am SORRY I am late on getting these posted.****

Wow, we are half way done with the season now. Time sure is flying by. I still am enjoying the games as much as day one. Now dragging him to practice all the time, not liking so much. Dealing with the "clickish" parents, not even a little bit.  The better than me parent attitude makes me long for the days of his old team where parents would at least talk to you.  Anyway, onto the game.

For this game the Vern's team "BIG" player was away on vacation. I think the boys were a little scared/anxious that they may not do so well with their perceived star player away.  I had a lot of confidence in them and they proved me right! I was so proud of team for stepping it up and showing each other what they could do. THEY WON!!!!!

This right here is one of my F-A-V-O-R-I-T-E photos. It shows Vern going in for a fabulous tackle. He was pretty proud of it too.

This is one of those rare face shots on a kick off after a touchdown. I think he is looking to coach for some last second instructions.
 
This next photo is fun because Vern is there but he is hard to find. Instead of Where's Waldo, it is Where's Vern?  Ok that big pile of purple in the middle of the photo? Well Vern is in the middle of all that. You can see his helmet and one red shoe. Another description, he is in front of #62 and #56. I call this the sandwich play and he is the cheese!!!  

I have a small story on this next photo. See the guy Vern is trying to block? He is HUGE! Vern told me that he pushed this guy down and the guy left him alone the rest of the game. Vern is fearless ont he football field and takes on these big guys. I love it!

Just another good shot of Vern and his blocking and making holes for the running back.

Look for the red shoes. You will find him in this mass of boys!
We had a lot of good Vern shots this game, that is why I am including so many. This next photo is Vern pushing so the runner behind him can get through. I love how he takes on those big striper dudes. (Stripers are boys with stripes on their helmets. They are over the weight limits and are only allowed as linemen.)

Just another shot of Vern blocking the big striper boy.
 
 
Here is the shot I promised last blog, how all the boys are tightly grouped on the line so it is hard to tell one from the other. Again, look for Vern's red shoes and you will see him in the lineup. 

One last shot of Vern pushing on #47. I think the kid actually got by him but good face shot of Vern.

I was very proud of Vern in this game. He played excellent and did what he was supposed to do. Now to just get him noticed by the coaches...

The final score: 33-6. The opposing team finally had a score!  Vern's team now moves to 4-0 with another tough division game next week...or will it be???
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment