Thursday, September 15, 2011

Game 3

Dearest Football Fans,

Vern's team is not starting out to well. After game 3 they are now 0-3. This is in no way an indication that they are playing poorly. They just have a couple big thing going on that prevent them from scoring. The biggest is speed or more appropriately I should say lack of speed. Every time the opposing team runs outside our boys just can't keep up. The other teams running back just zooms away from our team.  The opposite is true when our team is on offense.  The opposing team catches whomever happens to have the ball. If we try to run outside, the poor kid is swamped with about 6 kids from the other team. 

Even Vern needs to work on his running. Being a lineman, he doesn't need to be as fast as the wirey kids but he does need to be able to move. I hate to say this but it looks like I am out there running! I told the hubby we need to start a running program with Vern and get us all into shape. Unfortunately I don't know any form tricks to tell him as my body is about as adept at running as oh.... a sloth. My entire body groans and rebels anytime I have attempted to run. My bones clatter together and those around me think a nearby building is collapsing. My knock knees and pigeon toed feet do not help matters. I am able to trip and fall down simply w-a-l-k-i-n-g across a parking lot. (Yes, that happened a month ago.) I am digressing but trying to stress the point of my non-running abilities. How will Vern excel at football if he has my running ability. (big sad tears)  Is there anyone out there that has tips for helping a child learn to run? How would I even find such information?

I was pleased with how the game went, except for the winning part. I can see the kids getting discouraged and that is sad to watch. Hubby did get some great shots this week with his new camera. It has a "ginormous" lens. Ok, it's not THAT big but when men talk it is all about the size. Here are some of my favorite shots of the week. I love the contrasting colors.


Here we have some good tackling action going on.


I was hoping this next shot was a show of sportsman like conduct. Vern tells me, No mom I was mad at that dude. Sigh.... I like my thoughts better.

Next we have another line shot. I like #4 getting double teamed in this shot and trying to bust through.

 Here we have the disappointing final. No touchdowns for us this week.


Have a great week,
DA Football Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment