Friday, July 1, 2011

Classic Vern

So we were out and about with just Vern, Superman, and me. Superman mentions Vern wants ice cream. I say are you sure it's Vern that wants the ice cream?  Superman emits a resounding "YES".
"You want ice cream right Vern"
"Huuuhhh?????" Coming from the back seat
"I didn't say any such thing!" Vern denied entire thing and blamed Superman. It was very funny.

Sooooo, the boys got their ice cream. They are eating it and no radio or anything on in the car when all of a sudden Vern says, "Hey mom, do you think the world will end in zombies or fire?"
"Um, I hadn't really thought about it why?"

"Well, zombies are very smart. I think that is how it will end."

"How are zombies formed?"

"Oh the farmers will catch it first.  It will get in the water and farmers drink it."

"Yikes that can't be good.  What will happen when you go to Grandpa's in a couple weeks?"  (Grandpa lives on a farm in Iowa.)

Silence.
More silence.  You can feel Vern thinking hard.

"Mom, Does grandma have pop at her house?  Man, it is probably diet pop. I hate diet."

"Vern," I say, "You won't turn into a zombie at Grandpa's house. You can drink the water it is safe."

More silence.
 "I'm sure grandma has juice." I offer up.

Instant perk up from the back seat.  "I'll drink that then!"

"Besides," he continued, "I don't think the zombies will come for another 100 years or so."

Later on that evening when I was outlining this blog and reading parts out loud, John his older brother is listening.  He starts laughing and I ask what part do you think is funny?  He says, oh I told him a zombie story from the movie Crazies a few days ago.  So now we know where some of Vern's material originates from!!!

Back to the story...

A few miles down the road Vern then asks if he can take bb gun to grandpas. It didn't register at the time but I bet it was so he can kill zombies. He had to go on and tell me how powerful this gun was and how he wished it had a red light laser scope on it.

Those zombies at Grandpa's farm won't have a chance now!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment