Sunday, July 18, 2010

It is sooo not fair!

The kids were to go to a "lock in" on Saturday night. They only briefly told me before leaving for Washington D.C. that they wanted to do this and we had to sign up. 

John had volunteered to work so he was in. I called about Ann and Vern and they were full. Boy were they mad at me!  There was one cancellation so Ann got to go and poor Vern didn't.  He was mad at everyone. I tried to tell him we would so something special and he calmed down some.

Superman and Vern played some PSP Star Wars while I took the other two for the lock in. They had a good time.

We ended up having a wonderful rest of the evening.  Vern wanted hamburgers for dinner, so we grilled those and some veggies. Vern really wasn't wanting the veggies but he chose potatoes and the green things out of the mix but NO onions or yellow ones mom!

After dinner we decided to rush off to a movie - Dispiciable Me. We saw it in 3D. Pretty cool to try out but I wouldn't want to watch every movie that way.  Both Superman and Vern LOVED the movie. They were about falling out of their chairs laughing so hard. Me - not so much. I enjoyed the 3D roller coaster ride (part of movie) and the story line was ok.

By the time we got home it was late, so Vern had his shower and went off to bed. He was bragging to his brother and sister what a great time we had but then turned around and complained to me how it wasn't fair they got "stuff" and HEEEEE just got a movie.  Are they every happy????

We leave on vacation Thursday so I'll see if I get another update done before we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment