Thursday, June 3, 2010

Vern's Summer

I envy my kids. They get to do EVERYTHING in the summer.  Vern goes to the YMCA day camp. So he gets to swim, and play, and go on fun field trips. How cool is that?

Then there are the extra things of no school. Vern is signed up for summer reading at his school. He is going whether he wants to or not. His reading scores actually qualified him :-( they were that bad.

Then there are the vacations. Since his mom and dad are divorced he gets 2 vacations!  He gets to go to Washington D.C. with his dad and camping and shopping and rides with his mom. What a summer!

Vern also has swim lessons to do in between everything else and later this month he will be going to a week of Bible School.

WHEW.

When I stayed home as a kid I had chores and reading and maybe swimming to partake in. As my grandparents used to say... "Kids now a days."

No comments:

Post a Comment