Monday, June 28, 2010

Summer Reading Program

So I told you that Vern was in summer reading as his reading level qualified him. This means he isn't reading at the grade level he should be so they offer assistance in the summer.  So I have him signed up and he has attended a couple weeks of classes 3 days a week.

Tonight I pick him up from Summer Adventure Club and notice they are going on a field trip tomorrow and they leave at 12:30.  I am musing out loud something to the effect of "hmmmm, I think I will have to call the YMCA in the morning to see if you will still be able to go on the field trip to Splash Park."

Piping up from the back seat "Mom, you know I can miss summer reading a few times and it wouldn't hurt."

"No dear Vern, you made the choice to not study during the school year and your grades are not good enough so you qualified and MUST attend summer reading."

"But mommmm"

"Vern, it was YOUR choice."

Grumbling commences from the back seat for the next few minutes but he knows he has no argument that will win against that.

1 comment: