Tuesday, August 25, 2009

School - 3rd Grade

School is not Vern's favorite thing in the world. He is much more interested in skateboards, cars, football, girl's breasts...pretty much anything other than school.

This August he started 3rd grade. We talked and talked starting weeks before school began how this year was going to be better than last year. How he was going to buckle down and do better in school and NOT get into trouble on the bus or in school.

He did well for 3 days... Then he had to write a paper about how he can not talk bad and argue with girls in schools and can't wish they were dead. We had a talk that night all about that and how he needed to shape up. His exact words "Yes Mom!"

Day 4 - mid morning and the bus superintendent calls. "Good Morning Mom"
Me "Oh Hi Chuck its only day 4 you can't be calling me all ready."
Him "Sorry but Vern was leaning over the seat and hitting a girl. We have new bus rules I'm sure you saw this year. I will go on the light side and give him a 5 day suspension this time. Vern freely admitted he was in the wrong but nothing I said seemed to phase him."
Me "Thanks. You know Chuck I am trying."
Him "Yes I know if you have any ideas let me know."
Me "I sure will."

Now we will fast forward to yesterday.
Vern "Mom can you pick me up from school today?"
Me "NO, I have to work and this suspension is supposed to be punishment."
Vern "oh...Are Feraris faster than Mustangs?"
I just shake my head.

Think this is going to be a long year?

No comments:

Post a Comment