Monday, February 4, 2013

The Chicken or the Egg?

It has been a while since we had a good Vern story. Well here is one that has been going on over the last week or so.

Out of the blue a week or so ago Vern says, "You know mom, I was hatched."

I of course jump all over that with "No, I was there when you were born. You were definitely born. I felt every second of it."

To which he replies, "Mom you birthed an egg and then I used my temporary beak to break out."

Me: "Oh for GOSH SAKES where do you get this stuff?"

Vern: "It's real mom I swear. I remember it because I have a photographic memory from back then."

Me: "OK, sure but I know you were born."


Move on to a few days later...

We are driving in the car and I remark to Superman about Vern being hatched from an egg. He laughs and says "Ya, I heard that the other night and had a good laugh."

I say, "You know I don't know how they could have attached that device to his head though a shell and not crack the shell itself?"

From the back of the vehicle, "Well you know the shell DID crack.  I just quit arguing because I know I was hatched and I didn't want to argue with mom any more."

More laughter.  That is our Vern!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment