Friday, April 6, 2012

Report Card Time


That time of year again...Report cards.
I can't imagine being a kid and having to bring that home to mom and dad.

"Will they be mad at me?"
"Will they be proud of me?"
"I wonder how I did?"
"I guess I could peek..."
So I get some texts from Vern.
- Mom I got my report card.
- Are you there?
- Are you proud of me?

I reply back - Of course I am proud of you. Why wouldn't I be?

THEN I go back and see a text I missed.

- Mom, I got 4 A's and 2 B's.
OH
MY
GAWDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
I couldn't wait to get home and hug and praise and squeeze him.  I thought I might injure myself with all the jumping up and down.

I got home and couldn't wait to see his report card.  There were NO needs improvements anywhere on the card.  There were even some Excellent! It was his best report card ever.

I am SO VERY proud of my Vern. He has come a long way!

Signed,
Over the top Proud Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment