Thursday, August 25, 2011

Game 1

Dear Football Fans,

I know you have all been waiting for this post. It was game one of the season. I do have pitures of Vern playing this game but his heart was not in it. We had a pep talk about this so we shall see if this week is better. 

The team lost 6-26. I was pleased with a score though.  Here is a photo of him during warm up.  He is #55 again this year.  He wasn't big enough to even be a striper so technically he can carry and touch the ball if he wants to. The coaches have him as center as he has experience at that from last year. I hope they move him around a bit.


Can we say HOTTER THAN HADES?
My gawd, it was hot, humid, only an occasional slight breeze and lots of nats to bother us. I roasted and yes caught me a good sun burn.

Here is one of the coaches giving a pre-kickoff pep talk.


Vern had to put up with some hard, illegal hitting. The kids are not supposed to lead with their helmet but Vern got it in the stomach multiple times.  He never could give coach a shirt number so the kid never got in trouble. I think that pretty much took the wind out of his sails the rest of the game as Vern didn't have any big plays.

Here he is lined up on defense.
Vern played virtually the entire game except when he got hit hard once and the coaches put on a neck brace for a while. He was one tired, sweaty boy when finished.
Here he is lined up on special teams for a kick-off.


See you next week,
DA Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment