Saturday, May 18, 2013

Sore wrist / sore ego

Vern wakes up and immediately puts on Superman's wrist brace. He has had a fascination with this brace since Superman began wearing it last week.

I notice he has it on and say, "You can't wear that to school."

Prompt reply from Vern, "Oh yes I can."

Superman hears and jumps into the conversation, "Take off my wrist band now. I need to wear it at work."

Vern, "NO. I need to wear it. I hurt my wrist."

Superman, "Take off my wrist band now."

V, "NO!"

S, "Take it off, you can wear a bandage."

V, "NO!"

S,  "Take off my wrist band now."

You are getting the picture here right? This goes on for a few more rounds.

Finally near the end of this Tet-a-Tet Vern says, "The school nurse TOLD me to wear it today."

S, "Oh should I call the nurse today and see what she has to say about this?"

V, "She told me to go to the doctor and to wear the brace."

S, "OK, I will call and get her side of the story later today."

Vern hands back the brace and lets me put an ace-like bandage on his wrist.

No comments:

Post a Comment